Best time to sell?
Surprising January followed by July.
July makes sense as an optimal time to sell your real estate as it is during the summer peak when many families are off and the weather is hospitable.
I guess January makes sense too as it is the beginning of the new year and families who have been busy with holiday activities start to look for fresh starts to their new year’s resolutions.
Best time to buy?
Conversely if you’re looking for a deal as a buyer February may be your best opportunity to negotiate. This may be due to all the holiday pent up demand being released January and a post buying spree slump.
*Data provided by the HPI at http://research.stlouisfed.org
*model still in alpha test stage
The SPX model for September performed well in forecasting a positive close for September despite August’s weakness. SPX did close above 1666 around 1682.
My SPX model predictions:
– October close: STRONG probability of negative month.
– SPX close around 1656 for September (chart below).
– End of 2013: STRONG probability of close above 1750 possible 1775.
Risks to the model projections:
– Taper/Interest Rates
– Government Shutdown/Debt Ceiling
– Fed Chairman speculation/announcement
– Continued weak US economic data
– US Earnings