SPX Model Projections for October and End of Year
*model still in alpha test stage
The SPX model for September performed well in forecasting a positive close for September despite August’s weakness. SPX did close above 1666 around 1682.
My SPX model predictions:
– October close: STRONG probability of negative month.
– SPX close around 1656 for September (chart below).
– End of 2013: STRONG probability of close above 1750 possible 1775.
Risks to the model projections:
– Taper/Interest Rates
– Government Shutdown/Debt Ceiling
– Fed Chairman speculation/announcement
– Continued weak US economic data
– US Earnings